Saturday, June 21, 2008

06-21-08 (series of unfortunate events)


Hi.
This is ummm.. my (do the math)th weekend since the start of classes..
And.. I just realized I still haven't seen the worst scenarios that our famous school, City of Mandaluyong Science High School, has to offer..
Just kidding..!

One.
On the first day of school, we had a flag ceremony, a pathetic school opening program featuring a *toot* band.. I wish Behind the Wall played something there.. But.. well, great things take time..
(right guys..?!)

Two.
The new line for us, the new seniors, in the flag ceremony, seems pretty interesting.. because we're literally got nearer to the school's exit.. after some months, we're on our way to college!!
(gosh, I promised myself I won't open this topic in my blog, but I did it again!)

Three.
For the hundredth time in CMSHS history, the sun struck us sooo early in the morning. As usual, I didn't bring my fan and umbrella with me.

Four.
The center stairs is now exclusive to teachers and school personnel. (That's pathetic.) I mean, to think than our room's the closest one from there.. so we have to go around the school just to go to the comfort rooms or buy the food (the only food we had for almost 4 years) in the canteen!
And, I assume that our exit as seniors will not be felt all over.. Because all levels were isolated.. I mean we haven't got the chance to meet new students from the freshmen and we can't spend time with the juniors anymore...

Five.
Arlene, our new classmate, is cool. I can see she liked us, in a way.. That's because AHAFACMiPA welcomed her. Hahahhahah! Just kidding! I mean, her first impression of Section A is not super duper geeky.. we just gave her the normal welcome.. hahahahh! Plus, she's kinda calm and easy-to-be-with...

Six.
Our first two subjects are bloody like hell. Advanced Chemistry and Advanced Physics. But I haven't got the slightest clue of how bloodier they can be..

Seven.
Lets talk Elective. I got really hopeful regarding my choice, Robotics. But then, I got so unlucky and I didn't get to the random picks.. So, I went straight to Developmental Reading.
At first, I thought we're all just going to read countless of books then submit a book report almost every month..(That's kinda cool to me!)
The first days were great.. I got the highest score in the diagnostic test. I got elected as the president of the class (thanks to my Australian accent) and I met more batchmates. (I admit I'm pretty estranged to most of them.)..
But after that! doom! everything's so stinky! we discussed the Dewey Decimal System and Library Congress Classification.. And, take note, we have to memorize them! I got zero in the first surprise quiz... (dumb dumb!)

I just hope things will get a lot better there.. I hope we'll just read and read until our books melt!

Eight.
My seat... is tooooooo far. I got the seat at the back. And my chair's too low.. So the only thing I can see is Cheska's occipital bone. But there's some good things about that. I get to be with my barkada.. I got the chance to bring back Mara's smile in our conversations again... I sat next to a vacant seat.. This is pretty cool because I can put my things there and teachers seat there most of the time.. Even if some of you don't notice, I had had close conversations with some teachers.. Especially Mam Tirones. (Although its kinda hard because she keeps speaking in English.). Another good thing is that, Jellah is one of the coolest seatmate one can have. She's good at Math, she keeps the class fund (haha!) and she's funny..

Still, these great things do not cover the one bad thing a student at the back cannot ignore..
The "Jigglypuff" syndrome..
Some time in the afternoon, a force of nature (I know nature didn't mean to cause this madness) will enter our class. And it will let out a super duper deafening and AWAKENING voice that will make even the sleepiest student to be attentive..

It seems kinda weird, but we girls at the back kept laughing during that subject. That's because the force of nature reminds us of a famous band vocalist. (haha!)

OK OK. so much for the content warning. better stop or else I can't even step into the classroom anymore.

Nine.
my world seems to revolve around my current book, Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring.. Though it seems I still want to go straight and read The Two Towers right after, I'm troubled if I will choose Crime and Punishment, To kill a Mockingbird or Love in the time of Cholera for my next book.. *sighs*

Ten.
I just noticed that my handwriting became so "doodle-y".. I can even tell that I reluctantly shift from cursive to printed then back again whenever I write something... although one can understand it when read individually, my writing as a whole seemed very unorganized and somewhat crazy...

Well, gotta go now.. leave some comments, will you?

Now Playing:
Everlong - Foo Fighters
If I am - 9 days
Oh my God - Lily Allen & Mark Ronson
Violet hill - Coldplay
Closer - Ne-Yo
Shimmer - Fuel
Party people - Nelly & Fergie
Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd (the electrics at the end is sooooo cool!)
She's so high - Blur
why don't you & I - Santana & Alex Band

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

hahaha. enjoy the last year of highschool.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.