Sunday, July 26, 2009

Divine Intervention?! (UP vs. Ateneo)

Gosh. Is this true? (If you can't see this clearly, ADMU: 58.. UP: fuckin' 68)
The low-profile, ever defeated UP Fighting Maroons DEFEATED the ATENEO BLUE EAGLES (ehem. Champions?), Sunday, July 27, 2009 on a very rainy sunset in PhilSports Arena (Ultra), Pasig City.

And, of course, I was one of the stunned children of God that witnessed this very very unexpected game.
Now, I can say.. Nothing is damn impossible.

That was a rainy afternoon. Angelo, a very special friend of mine, treated me with a lower box ticket to the game.. He was pissed off when I got there late. (ehem, almost an hour.)
So we entered the arena, 3pm-ish. and seated there with some Ateneans. It was Adamson Soaring Falcons vs. DLSU Green Archers.
The game was pretty close. It's so intense, there's a five minute overtime.. But DLSU grabbed their victory.

What made me more nervous was when I realized how notorious the Ateneo crowd can be. I mean, they were like "hoy! adamson! wag nyo panalunin yung mga BOBO!".. And they were cheering for any opponent DLSU has.. They also insult the crowd, telling that the "green" crowd was heartless. "parang nilulumot" in some way. hahaha! Cool people.

Before the UP vs. Ateneo game started, Angelo and I found some seats on the Ateneo side. Of course, I would still go with him even if I'm cheering for UP.

But then, I think I got the best seat in the house.. because I was in the middle of the cracked crowd of Ateneo. Across the arena, there was the FORTUNATE FEW UP Maroons. I think only 20 UP students were seating on the lowerbox level. Almost all of the UP crowd was seated in the Gallery Area (general admissions). I guess only 80 students attended that game. (minus the pep squad)

Throughout the game, everyone was looking at the scoreboard, thinking "is this fuckin' possible?!" During the first half, the Ateneans were obviously confident that they would win.. The score was still close, and the Blue Eagles was able to keep UP's advantage short by scoring every after a Maroon goal.

OK, Half time break. Ateneo performed. (haha.)
Then the UP Cheering squad performed. Even without pompoms, they nailed it. I mean, REALLY NAILED IT. That was the best routine I've seen live. (yet.)
you should just check that out on YouTube. It's beyond words.

2nd half. The tension is really building up our side (Ateneo side).. The big guys in front of me were kept silent as I scream my voicebox out whenever UP steals and shoots a basket. (hmmm. So you can guess how painful it is for me to shout everytime they score.)

Angelo was cheering his heart out for his team, of course.. And, because I was on the Ateneo side, I hear their cheers and drums louder.. Gosh, you can't imagine how jumpy my heart is whenever they bang their drums. =P

Hmmm, but hey, it was fun, because my voice seemed louder when I cheer for UP when I'm seating on the Ateneo side.

CRAP. they rain threes.. they shoot. I mean, this is my first ever live game.. but, I can't believe this.. I heard from all people how the UP Maroons suck. I mean, the whole nation says UP Maroons suck at UAAP Basketball. Now, what kind of "sucking" is this?!

The last minute. I noticed almost all Ateneans were holding their cellphones. and they're somewhat silent.. I guess they were texting their friends about the game. No one will believe it. But hell, who cares about how many will believe. It happened. Hands Down.

Hey, Angelo was pretty nervous. He cannot believe it. I think I really pissed him off (and his blue-shirted schoolmates) because I kept on cheering for UP. I was jumping and screaming all over the place. (poise? bye-bye.)

OK, so, finally, the game ended..

hmmmm.. It's morning already.. I think I'll let the world speak about this unbelievable crap.
As for me, I'm tired. I'm sleepy. My voice cracked. My legs hurt. My eyes droopy..
MY HEART FULFILLED.


NowPLAYING:
the ice is getting thinner - death cab for cutie
ego - Beyonce
Mrs. Officer - Lil' Wayne
I'm You - Leona Lewis & Ne-yo
Don't stop till you get enough - Michael jackson
remember the time - Michael Jackson
Never say never - the fray
kelsey - metro station
Calle Ocho - Pitbull
I'm Real (Jennifer Lopez) - The Starting Line
When I grow up (pussycat dolls) - Mayday Parade

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I graduated from UP. Good luck dating a person from ateneo. I married one!

At least you managed to ruin his afternoon. Don't expect him to invite you to another UP-ateneo game -- he might think you've jinxed his all mighty team lol.

j

afp_911 said...

Hahaha! I guess I have to buy my own ticket next time..
I wonder if he would accept my invitation if I were to treat him to another UP-Ateneo game..
I heard, there's still a round 2. =)

arianne may said...

ntatawa ako sa coment nung anonymous. hahaha. hindi ako makakatulog nyan kakatawa. hahaha. anyway, you're really one lucky child. haha. biruin mo, nakapanood ka ng mirakulo, nanalo up, at isa pa, libre ticket mo! =))

arianne may said...

angel, nakokopya ba ang htlm code sa comments mo? wala akong comment boxes. at nagustuhan ko yung kung pano magcomment sa blog mo. :)

makapanood nga ng round two. =))

afp_911 said...

[arianne]
sa settings, nandun yung options kung lalagyan ng comment yung bawat post.

may chatbox ka na rin dba?

J.D. said...

wahaha. agreed aq dun keh mr. anonymus. ur one lucky girl. =)). anyway, parang ang fun nga na manuod ka sa crowd ng kabilang team and yet ur cheering for ur own team. :)). astig un. *thumbs up!

Angelo said...

Ok rin mga comments ah... haha... tama nga si anonymous, di na ako magsasama ng upian kahit kailan.. haha... Geh... Nakiepal lang sa blog mo...

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

They already have come out with a wonderful product that will help you maintain the liquid you make longer. It is called PumpNseal, and it fundamentally vacuum seals any type of bottle. The speedier you are able to eliminate the oxygen from the juice, the greater natural vitamins you will be retaining within it. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Co67tless[/url]