Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2008, bye-bye.


Welcum Welcum!
This is my Year-Ender Special.. A blog entry that will sum up my 2008 and raise my 2009..!

Well, my Year is all about school and some spattering of Family Business.

And every memorable thing that happened in school turned out to happen in the 2nd half of the year 2008.

Of course, We're in 4th year now, so it's expected that we have this group presentations, interpretative dances, last-minute presentations for a school visitor and elections for subjects..
And hey, another thing, you will read a lot of "Because we're 4-Almeda"
Speaking of subjects, Our TLE/Business Management class is the only forgettable thing here. (it's a miracle that I remembered it now)

One great opening for this school year is my participation in the Guinness Book of World record attempt. Its fun! Its just a shame that most of 4a-vers' were still killjoys..=)
http://crapasutra.blogspot.com/2008/06/06-28-08-guiness-book-of-world-records.html

Then, one forgettable attempt of the SSG to raise funds is the Battle of the Cups (I just coined this term because apparently, no one knows the name of this so-called project). It is a contest between cleaners. Well, BECAUSE WE'RE 4-ALMEDA, we just stacked those icky and slimy cups until all toxic chemicals mix together and form a gigantic structure of crap. The smell of iced tea, milo, apple, pineapple, grape juice, saging con yelo, melon and gulaman mixed together is truly "breath-taking".

Interpretative dance. Its just a simple group presentation but BECAUSE WE'RE 4-ALMEDA, we spent our nights practicing for it. And to think that its only a group presentation, not a project or some sort. We bought paint, collected trash for costumes, and rehearsed A LOT. You can see some pics here. http://crapasutra.blogspot.com/2008/08/one-rainy-afternoon.html
http://crapasutra.blogspot.com/2008/06/06-28-08-guiness-book-of-world-records.html
Even now, I can still feel the moist air around when we were performing.. Great times.

Next is the NBA Playoffs. Hhahahahah! Since I had eyes, I have been a fan of Boston Celtics. I've been a fan even with Boston games with Larry Bird and Bill Russell still playing. I served under the Boston Dynasty, and it deserved a celebration when the Celtics went back to business with Garnett, Allen and Pierce. Another thing is that I pure, straight hate Kobe Bryant. It's unanimously decided. BOSTON CELTICS RULE!

Next is the much-awaited UPCAT.. This will dictate our future. Most of us were just excited to take this exam. I mean, we suffered for 4 years to get great education, and the UPCAT is one of the things that will pave our way to our ambitious dreams. We had reviews, from outside and inside the school, we did our drills.. then there. Although it is a bit exaggerated, BECAUSE WE'RE 4-ALMEDA, we took it seriously, unlike the other sections in 4th year. Other thing about the upcat is our courses. We spent countless hours deciding what course to fill in those 4 blanks in our application form. If you check my classmates' blogs, you can tell that it is a life-changing experience. REALLY.

Then, there is the Filipino month, and we're supposed to make this Mayon Volcano replica in our room. BECAUSE WE'RE 4-ALMEDA, we decided to make it as realistic as possible. we did this skeleton thing in Amang Park, did some "how-low-can-you-go?" and had fun.. We had the most visited room during the festival even if we don't have food to offer. It's a great experience.
http://crapasutra.blogspot.com/2008/08/08-28-08-amang-geddon.html
http://crapasutra.blogspot.com/2008/09/09-11-08-one-explosive-day.html

Next, the Mr and Ms Mandsci.. You know, BECAUSE WE'RE 4-ALMEDA, we felt really tired to take this thing seriously (even though Daniel, our classmate, is the SSG President). So, we just gave our outmost support to Arianne Balaoing of 4-Belardo (LABYOU ARIANNE!)

Next is the Musical Play in Mapeh. Hahahahah! It was one of the normal bonding moments we did to remove the pressure of group wars. It is a class project so we have to be united (?). BECAUSE WE'RE 4-ALMEDA, we created a storyline to fit for our most "artistahin" classmates, used our musical talents to perform the songs live. Well, its not the presentation that mattered to me but our practices..
http://crapasutra.blogspot.com/2008/09/myooseekaal-play.html

One is the unforgettable BULLYING of "well-selected" students from 4-Almeda.
2 missing notebooks, 1 helpless victim, countless eyes looking at a single person.
This happened because of the so-called GROUP wars in Almeda. When I look back, I mean, what the hell are we thinking?! There came a trial, there's a plaintiff, there's a defense, but then, everyone can judge. Because of this incident, the previous mistakes were uncovered, and hell just broke loose. Everything's so messed up.. The issue dated back from God knows when.. We had numerous open forums that remained closed. But I dont know, maybe its too outdated and I don't want to remember it anymore. (do you?)

One event that raged not only our class but also the whole student scene is the Championship Game between Ateneo Blue Eagles and La Salle Green Archers.. In this battle, the Eagles won over the Archers.. (maybe Archers should use more advanced weapons like M-16 or a Sniper gun instead of bow and arrows..) go, Chris Tiu!!!!!!

Another special event this year is the DSSPS and RSSPC.. that is because I represented the school in a competition.. And, I was able to meet new friends and explore new places.. I am not all Journalism. But after that experience (with my fellow 4-J), I believe I discovered another exciting path to take.. Go 4-J..!

Next is the DYARYO-BOTE NAMAN DYAN thingy. What the heck. I mean, isn't our life crappy enough?! This dyaryo-bote thing is a project of the Graduation Committee to raise funds for our Graduation Activities. Everything went smoothly during these days of crap-sniffing until our Economics teacher decided to grade the tincans we will bring. Of course, those who value their effort, time and money reacted violently and insisted a boycott. But then, BECAUSE WE'RE 4-ALMEDA, the boycott was nothing. More than half of the class bought tincans from junk shops to sell them again (what a galactically stupid thing to do for a CMSHS student)

So, again, some people cried, some people stood in front and scolded somebody, some people felt guilty. So that week, we didn't participate on the canvassing.
The class leaders planned to make a comeback for next week. BECAUSE WE'RE 4-ALMEDA, we grabbed our stuff and lurked the streets of Mandaluyong and Makati in two nights. We went door-to-door and... voila! we collected junk! Wow. This is another galactically stupid thing to do for a CMSHS student. but then, Its fun!! There's this house that gave us a collection of the greatest western books ever written, and they're hardboud too! Wow! I'm like, "this is not trash, I tell you. These books are PRICELESS".. Unfortunately, those few voices that pleaded were unheard because of the commotion. *sighs* When I write about this experience, I remember my sorrows. And yes, I would love to do it again. The smell of rotten newspapers, the feel of pain inside our broken backs and limbs, the sight of sweat on our classmates' neck; all complemented the raging raindrops and flood that added ecstacy to the adventure.
That didn't end there. The canvassing lasted until midnight. All out party.
Then, as expected, the going got tougher when we still had to group those junk and get the copper from the wires we "borrowed". This time, the photos just have to speak for itself.
http://crapasutra.blogspot.com/2008/12/crapat-its-best.html

Next is the DR Comics, I know this concerns a few.. but hell, I'm so unfortunate that it concerns me! I really hate making a comic strip.. Because I have to draw many scenes.. I draw like a pig already! Why push me to do hundreds of frames!!?? Another thing about this comical comic thing is that the topic is Greek Mythology.. I mean, I almost fell in love with Mam Tirones when she told us that Greek Mythology is the topic for the 3rd quarter.. I just love Greek Mythology..! But then, boom! Comics daw.. WAAAAAA! Hell just broke loose. Hell, Erebus, Tartarus, kung ano mang impyerno, nagloloko na talaga!

Then, the Concert.. You'll just have to read it..
http://crapasutra.blogspot.com/2009/01/deafening-silent-night-gosh.html

Last, the Overnight..
Then again, you just have to read it yourself.. Right..? (hahahah!)
http://crapasutra.blogspot.com/2009/01/pinoy-gay-brother-ubernayt-edition-dec.html


Now Playing: (Big Hits of the 90's & others)
You're unbelievable - EMF (you just have to listen to this!!)
Mad - Ne-yo
Circus - Britney Spears
Never let you go - 3rd eye blind
be like that - 3 doors down
Everything's magic - Angels and Airwaves (courtesy of Isaac Pagado.)
It's over - Jesse McCartney (sina Jesse McCartney at Ryan Tedder (vocalist, One Republic) pala nagsulat ng Bleeding Love ni Leona Lewis..=D)
You found me - The Fray
Mixtape - Butch Walker
Promise - Butch Walker
Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolf + Lil Wayne
Insomnia - Craig David
Come Down - Bush
Hold my Hand - Hootie and the Blowfish
Semi-Charmed life - 3rd Eye Blind
Every Morning - Sugar Ray
Steal my Sunshine - Len
Set Adrift on me - PM Dawn (Yeah!)
Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry
The World I know - Collective Soul
Please forgive me - Bryan Adams (syet!)
I just love Savage Garden. Not only their name (inspired by Anne Rice!), their origin but their songs!!!
TRY THEM!
I want you - Savage Garden
To the moon and back - Savage Garden
The Animal Song - Savage Garden
Crash and Burn - Savage Garden
Affirmation - Savage Garden (loved this.)

No comments: