Thursday, January 1, 2009

Deafening Silent Night. (gosh!)

OKAY.. Now we have gone to a point of no return..
I'm supposed to blog about this thing since the day we started our practice.. (YEAH, I can't remember when that is, because apparently, I don't attend much.) But then we're soooo busy during practices.

So this crap we call CHRISTMAS CONCERT, is one of the fund-draining projects of the Graduation Committee for our school.. They did this because THEY LOVE US... and WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO AFFORD OUR GRADUATION ACTIVITIES. (ahahh..haha..)

First thing, we planned this concert in Cheska's house (I think).. when we were doing our headstands. We grouped them (us) according to body structure (huh?!) and ability.. There are ballerinas, angels, drummers and fairies..
For me, everyone's in their proper place.. except that its just weird that more guys are in the Angel group than Drummer group.

Then, our practices started. We had our practices in Rag's Studio with Kuya Molong. We had a hard time during these practices..Mainly because the air's to tight in the studio. I mean, 35+ students in one poorly ventilated room that is a lot smaller than our house's living room! I just can't believe this..! Another thing is the Alto-gether group.. we felt like crap during the practices because we can't just tune our voices with then stupid organ. Hehe! Plus, we were singing with our normal voices unlike the Sopranos who used their falsettos. You could ask the guys how hard it was to sing beyond one's vocal range.
What else..? Ahhh.. The keyboards.. and Kuya Molong's voice.. it's the perfect match. because of these two things, we can UNDERSTAND AND IMITATE the voices EFFORTLESSLY.

That didn't end there. We still had our practices in Brgy. Ilaya park later. WHAT?! The park is beside Pasig River.. And so... crap is still in the air.

One of the most exhilirating stuff about this concert is our costumes.. We went beyond city borders just to get them. And some have to come back to complete them. And, yeah, not the most pleasant experience, I might add.. Because I went home late (and haggard).. =D
Well.. DIVISORIA.. The word says more meanings than the dictionary.. I don't have the ability to talk about it here.. Maybe you should just go there (xmas season is a good time.) and experience DIVINE INTERVENTION.

Then came KUYA JED.. I felt cold when I heard his name.. I had a bad childhood experience with him when I was still in SFNPS.. But then, that's the past.. I actually prepared myself for more "experiences" with him.. especially with regards to my dancing abilities. (haha!) We did our practices for 4 days.. (and nights!).. That is a big progress for us at that time because we were practicing our songs for almost a month (not praise-worthy, in a way..) So we practiced in school, for a weekend, until 10pm.. wow!!!, some in the rooftop of Brgy. Old Zaniga (until 12am).. The practices were great.. Although it seemed unclear for some that I still had problems with Kuya Jed.. (hehe!) Did I sound complaining?! I just asked him if I could skip the practice for one day, besides, I have only one dance, unlike most of us who have 2.. When I attended the other day, I was shocked when my classmates told me about that "reklamo" thing.. (hahahahah!)

Dress rehearsals. We can't tell you how miraculous this thing is. We changed our clothes for a millisecond.. almost like a superhero. There's shouting, panicking and you can see flying candles and robes everywhere. Crappy stuff, but still, it deserves an AWESOME CHEER!..

At last... The CONCERT CAME..

But before than, lets see about the Conflicts and Controversies of the Concert. (wow! alliteration!)

First, there's this thing about the tickets.. I'm not really involved in this matter, mainly because I kept my mouth shut during the process. (we normally just open our mouths then we automatically involve ourselves.) And besides, I was always notified about the ticket sales because my mom is friends with the Graduation Committee.

Second, the Deduction of points for buying expensive costumes. Personally, I really don't like this idea. Is it my fault that I'm rich enough to buy nice costumes? Yeah.. And it's the choice (and capacity) of the person to spend their money.. And if they want to spend it to entertain the people at the concert, why stop 'em?

Third, the Conflict with our teachers.. Of course, it all started with a little more focus of sunlight on a very flammable object. This series of GALACTICALLY UNFORTUNATE EVENTS just piled up on us. One teacher was mad, then the next one.. then the next one.. we asked forgiveness for the first.. but then more teachers got mad.. Our records in their NOTORIOUS STUDENTS FILE CASE got digged.. we have no choice but to reconcile with them all. Don't get me wrong.. I am a straight A student and I have witnessed most of these conflicts with teachers.. But then I just realized that I single "UNGREETED GREETING" can already get you free sign up for being a disrespectful student. Well, this thing caused more effects than we have expected (we didn't really expect this thing to happen anyway.)
A broken xmas tree.
35 wet t-shirts
15 soaking wet handkerchiefs
tons of tissue paper wet with tears and nose drippings.
5 classes
a free pass for every student in Mandsci to see a telenovela in campus.
VIP pass for 4-D (not to mention, the winners of the concert) for seeing the most heartbreaking talk with Mam Tirones
lectures from several teachers
27 pesos for the roses
1 manila paper
air from our weak lungs
246,876 gallons of tears
10,299,484 gallons of nose drippings.
and an unforgettable experience.

Fourth, "PONTIUS PILATE" This doesn't concern me, of course, because I enjoyed the punishment of Pontius Pilate for us.. but it was not that sweet for others who are too jealous of our bonding time with Pontius Pilate.. (hehe!) anyway.. This thing really erupted the conflicts because the parents were definitely involved in the situation. And through this, we witnessed our defeat.. It's obvious how the other sections and the Graduation Committee ganged up on us.. They were taunting, teasing, stabbing us as we just sat together in the middle of the quad. What else can we do but to lower ourselves to their level? (still, tactless choice of words.) Ok.. Take twO! What else can we do but to reconcile with them?

OK.. Lets stop this horrible flashback.
CONCERT!!

the pressure is in the air. Of course, Section A is used to this kind of pressure because we've been getting it for 4 years already.. So there's this unreasonable policy about the other sections not watching the performances because it might ruin the stage production.. Because I'm that obstinate, I went and sneaked a peek on their performances..
One that really broke my heart is the piece of 4-C.. Their CD didn't work.. And its the shittiest thing to happen in a concert. Mr. Patron even joined his class and tried to lift their spirits up onstage.. Everyone knew they cried after their performance.. for 4-B.. One thing that I like in their presentation is Kaycee.. (haha!) I have a crush on her already! (not the lesbo type.. I might add!) Another is their costumes. They have this blinding gold robe and Christmas wreaths on their heads. soooo cool! As for their performance, it didn't give me that kind of kick that will make me burst my applause.. But the performance is great that it is an understatement if I say "I was entertained.".. 4-D..I didn't get to see their whole performance because we were pissing our tights and pants. But I could still hear the audience's incessant applause for their performance.. Well, their performance, without a doubt, deserves a prize..

4-A.. wow. Our performance was so messy and fast.. Everyone's in a hurry.. dresses got mixed up, candles burned, voices untuned, sweat dripped.. Well, it was all unforgettable.. in one dance, my guitar fell. (haha!) I just want to laugh at myself that time.. But then, what the heck. I enjoyed the whole thing! hehe..! OK, I am clearly not the only one who had a stomach-grinding experience onstage. Annlo, who's in front of me during choir pieces, forgot her tambourine in the first piece.. She even told us to snatch it to her during the song itself.. But, no sweat, its not that noticeable anyway.. next, the slip.. Someone in our area (left part of the stage), slipped while getting her costume.. I don't remember who it was because the lights were out.. But I heard the slip and it's just hilarious.. Another thing is with Arlene and Paolo.. If I am not mistaken, they accidentally exchanged their black robes in the second choir piece.. Paolo got a shorter robe and Arlene got a longer one.. The details I heard are vague because the witnesses were just laughing their bellies out while telling the story.. For me, the most amazing piece(s) in our performance were the candle-thing and the dance with the tambourine..
According to all people, our Waterloo is our Silent Night piece. I have to agree with them.. I mean... in the first place, what a nice choice of song.. Silent Night is the hardest song to learn even for professional singers.. We have no right to tell the judges now how that song silenced our pride for next days to come.. but for me, we should've dropped that song because it sucked.. Well, the group to blame there is ALTO.. I will not pour out my excuses here because I dropped my voice during the song when I realized my voice was clearly out of tune and will definitely worsen the whole song.. I was lip synch-ing (I don't know how to say this.) and peeking in only when I know what notes to burst.. Apparently, our performance bursted like a boob job. (nice metaphor.)

After our performance, there was 4-E.. Their mime thingy was breathtaking.. and their choir piece was very satisfactory.. But their dance? ummm.. Good but not enough.. I wish they gave their dances more energy.. I think I can tell some of them were already sleeping while dancing..

Upstairs, we removed our costumes.. One of the most annoying thing about mine is the glitters on my head.. These glitters stayed on me for almost 3 days even with hardcore bathing.. What a mess.

What else can I say..? well, I don't have to blog more of these anymore.. The experience was thrilling enough that its aftermath was definitely amazing..=)

No comments: