Tuesday, April 29, 2008

emo.poser.whatever.

I can't believe that I'm going to blog something about this..

OK, lets get this over with...

I've been listening to my "mahiwagang baul of songs", which is immensely crowded already.. just imagine, I have 1500+ songs in my playlist.. and they use 4GB of memory..
and another fact, the I still didn't include my classic songs and drum relays.. tsk...

I really have to burn them now...
Yeah, so I was saying...
Oh, You know, there are many classes under the kingdom of "posers".. and, I will focus on the music class because, these species are the ones who we see often.

I have told "someone" about this matter, which I think he/she already forgot about it..

Music is a virtue, its life, its everything.. Its an important part of human/animal existence..
Hmmmm.. I think I'll say that all living things devour music, whether they are talking candelabras or evil trees.

And as I say that music is human existence, there comes the "individuality" of music..
I mean, in some way, music has classifications based on country, singer/artist, melody, tune, instruments used.. and so much more..

so everyone can conclude that 2 songs has at least one similarity.
This similarity also applies with the people who listen to those songs..
Well, during my elementary days, I'm proud to say that I'm addicted to songs already.. Maybe because my mom is an addict.
Unlike most babies who have nursery lullabies, I've been listening to the radio already.. My mom would use blank tapes and record songs from the radio and she will play them again and again until I'm asleep.

That's an early start for a music addict, don't you think..?

So by the time I studied in school, I've been listening to underground alternative rock, powerpop, with a mix of hip hop..
HIP HOP..?! mainly because I hang out with guys and they're into breakdancing..(I'm a guy during my elementary days..)
One time, I was singing Behind those eyes by 3 doors down and no one even knows it.. I mean.. Its a great song, how come no one knows it..?

I just kept this obsession with myself..
Until I came across jazz.
I don't know, but I think it was late grade5 times when I became addicted to it..
I remember its because I saw an indie movie with jazz soundtrack.. So I immediately loved it..

but then, I have no one to talk to.. I mean, no one shares my flare about songs.. literally..
So I gave up my jazz thing and went back to alternative rock and power pop..

I continued to listen to these genres.. especially the early songs of Jimmy Eat World, Dashboard Confessional
woah, until the world started to notice Fall Out Boy, my Chemical Romance, etc... (finally!)
forgive me, but I think Fall Out Boy's exposure caused many "nobody's" to turn to "somebody's" and, eventually "everybody"..
well, a new kingdom of mortals was born.

Everyone started learning the guitars, drums, keyboards.. wow!
no, there's nothing wrong with that, I think, because making music is better than "wearing" music.

Oh, its painful, to think that most people switched to extremely loose jerseys to ultra skinny jeans and chuck taylor's
Here's some samples of the species we call, emo and their role in the ecosystem.

Grabe. Naghihirap na nga sila (see background) pero emo pa rin!

LABO.




Hey! Lets look at it in the positive side. Many music lovers started to feel "they belong", and the history of the world wrote another page of interesting facts. For once in a million years, it seemed like BEING ALONE AND MISERABLE is COOL. And a handful of people "found" themselves being emo, and considered it not only as a state of mind and fashion but also their "individuality". We witnessed the evolution of art, clothing, colors, literature style, instruments, make-up, new language, humor, chemical formulas, etc..
Here's some samples of the beauty behind emo.





Well..
Its so amazing yet, nerve-cracking..
Its great that I can freely say..
That I'm proud to be a TRUE POSER.



NOW PLAYING:
Start again - Duncan Sheik
Appassionata - Beethoven (may history ito.)
January - Tyler Read
Out of Control - Hoobastank
The Authority song - Jimmy Eat World
Better than me - Hinder
Go let it out - Oasis
Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
Outside - Staind

No comments: