Thursday, May 1, 2008

05-01-08. The title says it all.


Its May 1. Labor Day. May Day. Worker's Day. Rally Day. Holi-Day.


I guess the whole nation's taking a break from work (except those in malls..).
And every organization will take this holiday as an opportunity to rave about the same stuff over and over again just to piss off the government.

Well, I guess whatever their agenda may be, it won't be enough to succeed. Because the skies won't allow them. Its been scorching hot during noontime then freaky gloomy later that afternoon.

Lets discuss some styles of "Getting Attention" by our heroes for today's blog, the rallyists!

One is the WALKATHON.
Its just absurd, to think that thousands of workers, mainly farmers, walk from their provinces to Metro Manila just to get attention. I mean, what the ---? Walking is good for one's health and environment. And to think there are thousands of them, its what we call, BONDING TIME in school. Its hard, I know, to walk long distances under the scorching city roads. Oh, that's an understatement. But its costly. Walking long distances takes excessive effort, time, money, props, footwear and sunblock lotion. Need I say more?

The next type of "pagpapapansin" in the government is when rallyists stuff themselves on streetsides, often opposite a government building, shouting with a megaphone. Oftentimes, a crowd behind will shout "oo nga!" after every statement of the megaphone-man. Wow. That's what I call, CLASSIC RALLYING. They cause misery not only to the government but also to motorists, civilians and apparently, to themselves. Its attention, alright.But when you see just 40+ people doing that, its pretty pathetic. Where's the unity? Its not like the government will change the damn old constitution for 40 people!

Another type of rallying agrees with the saying, "Absence makes the heart go fonder". Hmmm.. Still curious..? Just think, there's an obvious difference between "when animals strike" and "when jeepneys strike". Yeah. Strikes. When the workers involved do not get involved. It usually gets a lot of attention. That's why nationwide strikes by some organizations are successful. Think of the benefits. One, they can take a break. Two, no one will get hurt. Three, it will cost them less (or nothing at all.). Its that easy! All they have to do is sit on their fat butts. And.. Voila! The whole nation's getting a hard time doing daily tasks!

The only antagonists in these rallies are the ones we call, KILLJOYS, on the side of the rallyists. And these killjoys multiply during school days. Just take jeepney strikes during school days. They only affect one barangay, for God's sake! They make students hope for nothing! That's sick! Where's the unity?! If you'll do a strike, make sure EVERYBODY will cooperate!

OK, I will be damned if I don't include PRAYER RALLY.
its in the title. People gather in a certain place to pray. They pray for everything even winning on that nights lottery. I don't want to state any opinions on this style of rallying because of my religion and boredom.

Ok, lets skip the other styles in rallying and discuss the more exciting one.
The ones in EDSA or Mendiola. The ones with riots, explosion and free shower!

That's what I call NEAR-DEATH RALLY aka bangayan, kachuvahan, kabonggayan, kaeklabuhan, or simply MALAKING KAGULUHAN..

I love watching the news whenever there's a near-death rally. I mean, everyone will bleed, cry, get beaten by the police using bats and newspapers. Its like an ancient battle, where two sides will push each other. So exciting! And then, the media gets too involved also. The best movie in Philippine history is on the rally news! So cool to see cameras get banged while filming the chaos. It looks real! (Damn you, its REAL!) And, if I can suggest a background song for these rallies, I would choose BODIES by Drowning Pool. (Listen to it!) My tagline "Hell just broke loose" is definitely an understatement.

During these rallies, everyone must participate. Because it will greatly affect their lives. If you ask a random rallyist about his/her experience, He/She will say extreme things, like guns shooting everywhere, police battering one's head, undefeated hoses splashes water all over the place, everyone running, panicking, getting stepped on, dragons breathing out fire and other crazy stuff. And most of the time, you can see all styles of rallying in a near-death rally. Some people are praying, some are shouting on the megaphone, some are walking (of course!) and most pedestrians and vehicles are not on the road (basta lang masama ang strike!) And eventually, a near-death rally doesn't end on a certain place. Loud politicians will open the topic on the congress. And countless rallyists will complain about police brutality, assault, etc.! Unbelievable. I actually included this in my long long long list of things to do before I die.

OK. I know a frequent rallyist will mock me to death because I enjoy these things. And honestly, I do, a little bit. But I want to learn from these rallies. I can see people fighting for what they deserve and believe in. They risk their lives for these actions, just to get the attention and hopefully, a SOLUTION. Well, its not really a permanent solution for everyone. But that's only what the common people can do because of democracy. They use their capabilities and rights to prove something.

What gets me wrong is the lack of unity and the involvement of money. I've heard some organizations pay people just to join the rally. That's pathetically sick. Way too sick for a person, a Filipino, who fought for his freedom. I can't say how awkward it is to discuss these KABULUKAN NG LIPUNAN in my blog but I think to give you a glimpse of reality is wise enough for you, my readers, to reflect on yourselves.

I hope my blog entry/masterpiece will stick to your freakishly hardcore minds (kidding!). Especially to those who plan to be active/already active in political affairs..
Hmmm.. A bit out of the topic.. I promise I'll promote Filipino workmanship next year on Labor day!

MABUHAY ANG MANGGAGAWANG PILIPINO!!

This is a 15-turning-16-in-less-than-3-weeks-year-old's revelation (hell.)
Tag me.
See you in SHEOL. (gets mo ito kapag bisyo mo si Lestat.)
Peace (-bol).


NOW PLAYING: (I guess a long blog includes a long playlist.)
Burning love - Elvis Presley
Come on get higher - Matt Nathanson (loved this song.)
Ikaw lamang - Silent Sanctuary
Wake up - Three Days Grace
Seventeen ain't so sweet - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (17's not sweet, 16 is.)
Nothing lasts forever - Maroon 5
Mockingbird - Eminem
Emily - From first to Last
Right here - Staind
Meet you there - Simple Plan
Here's to the night - Eve 6
Rockstar - Nickelback
Miserable at best - Mayday Parade (nagrarally na ito.. Hehhehhe! Loved the lyrics.)
Hanging by a moment - Lifehouse
Just say the word - Josh Kelley (Sila pa ba ni Katherine Heigl?)
Morningside - Sara Bareilles
He Mele no Lilo - Lilo&Stitch OST (nice beat. breath-taking.)

No comments: