Thursday, May 29, 2008

05-30-08 (brain damage)



Things take time. (Read on. You'll know why.)

Recently, I've been haunted by gruesome news about brain damage (which is an advantage for someone who'll take BS Psychology).. and half of it, I heard from my mom.
Based on a survey (conducted by ADB?), there are 3 classes of call center agents: Technical support (computer services), Out-bound agents (sales and marketing) and In-bound agents (customer feedbcaks).. And according to studies, in-bound agents are primary victims of brain damage.
You know, because of dealing with stubborn and stupid customers, call center agents who receive complaints everyday are more open to this sickness. Hell! Imagine you're parents scolding you almost 30 times in only 8 hours!!
you should check out the PLDT Scandal on YouTube..
And, in addition to those hellish calls, call center agents work during the night. So it creates a personality imbalance. Nightshift workers tend to feel abandoned and different because of their lifestyles. They can't see their families anymore. They can't hang out with their usual friends. They can't even watch afternoon dramas and go shopping anymore! (That's hell!)
So.. isn't it enough to listen to the crappy stuff the world throws at you, that you also need to isolate yourself from the active world..?
I don't know if this is true, but some call centers have this "panic room" where workers can scream, cry, or just stare blankly at nothing so they can relax their brain nerves.. Wow. so creepy.. (I wish there's also Starbucks inside that room.. Plus New Age songs for God's sake!)
These things don't happen in the Philippines only. Most OFW's suffer from brain damage because of homesickness, forced labor and ugly, smelly employers.
I think companies should ALWAYS think about their employees health. Not only physical but more importantly, mental health.. Because apparently, Filipinos will eventually sell their souls and brains just to get more of the "green stuff".
Another story..
I took the ACET Simulation test earlier at LSC. And its hard. It's worse that I came in late.. So I took decades of hard-learned questions for granted. (what a schmuck!) Oh well, I guess I'll study next time. I just can't concentrate on my studies again because my mind's preoccupied with end-of-summer sweets.
..(still under the BRAIN DAMAGE category.)
Now Playing:
Album: Lynyrd Skynyrd.